Polishing work on the Demo is nearly rounded up, lots of debugging, little improvements and details got finished. Since it would be too tiresome to post every single change, I'm just collecting a few examples.
Improved backgrounds give the player a sense of where they are in the world.
Polished background details, like cannons, ladders, towers...
More natural and detailed looking elements.
Guards and animals patrolling in the background, subject to rewinding mechanics.
More realistic and visceral damage, including blood splatters when getting shot.
Fixing various flaws, like these lighting artefacts at the crossroads scene.
Fixed millions of bugs in the timeline code, and expanded functionality. The timeline now tracks some fun statistics about your time travelling...
People sometimes ask me, what does a game developer do all day?
Bug fixing, including but not limited to:
- Fixed bug where composite ragdolls would sometimes be suspended mid air. This was due to rigidbodies prematurely falling asleep.
- Fixed bug where activating the presentation cutscene with a sword drawn would lock the player's sword in his hand without being able to attack.
- Fixed bug where sound would explode upon revisiting rogue AI boss room.
- Fixed bug where first digit in the binary search puzzle would be disregarded.
- Fixed bug where volume settings were not properly saved or loaded
- Fixed some issues with player character animator getting stuck. Haven't got all the problems on that area just yet though.
- Fixed bug where rotation of particles of a particle system would not rewind properly.
- Fixed bug where post processing profiles would not be applied immediately when changing quality settings.
- Added post processing to the camera in the first level (balcony).
- Fixed previously broken feature of the timeline "Force rewind" which forces the player back a specific amount of time.
- Player can now properly attempt to commit suicide in the first scene.
- Corrected various spelling errors throughout the dialogue.
- Fixed bug where object being held by a robotic arm would sometimes not move and suddenly snap to its intended position.
- Fixed bug where rooks (small tank robots) would sometimes be able to track the player on an overhead platform.
- Almost fixed bug where gunshot knockback would sometimes not be registered on the player's ragdoll. This now occurs far less often, plus there is a failsafe in case it does happen.
- Fixed problem where player would not be able to jump when moving uphill.
- Player will now turn to grab a grabbable ledge behind him.
- Fixed several issues with rewinding animation states, to better handle animation transitions.
- Tweaked thresholds for impact sounds so all levels of impact get triggered a fair amount.
- Fixed problem where contextual music, like in a boss fight, would not play when manipulating time into the context from far off.
- Fixed problem where persistent data was too persistent. No for real, it would persist between different save files and mess up the timeline.
- Wind sound is now controlled by movement of the player's head and not the camera itself, preventing weird sounds when the camera quickly turns around the player.